Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
My friend tried to transfer his playlist onto my ipod but he has a mac and it didint work (My ipod was formmated with my windows computer). Now when i tried putting my songs back on i cant because it says i hav no files? on it? It looks like a "file Kernel." It seems that connecting my windows formatted ipod messed it up when he connected it to his macbook. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
well it would first remove all your songs, then copy his. but when i did basically the same thing only it was my computers it copied them fine!

try i restore. thats what i did on mine, when i switched to mac. that way everything would work fine with it. restores are my answer to everything lol

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
And FWIW, you can use multiple computers with the single iPod if it is set to have its songs manually managed (auto syncing turned off). Of course, this should only be done if the music transfers are legal and legitimate. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.