Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
So I'm trying to update my ipod, and it adds the most recently added songs, but it won't let me enable disk use, unsync movies, or remove photos b/c "iPod could not be found".

I restored the whole thing the other day (see other thread), and that's appearing like it was a bad idea.

This iPod shows up on the source list but not as a connected drive.

After updating recently added songs it goes straight to the iPod menu, "Music, Photos, Video, etc".

Any ideas what could be wrong?

For the record, I have already attempting resetting it once. (which I know is different from restoring it).

Thanks in advance.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
That's just it...I can't change the settings for the iPod itself b/c after doing the initial syncing it quits being recognized as an attached device.

It's actually kind of annoying...

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Nope, still not letting me change the settings at all. I like to have my iCal in my iPod along w/ my contacts, and it's not letting me add those in. I keep getting a message saying, "iPod update failed. Please remove and try again."

No, I don't have another computer I can try it on unfortunately.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
No I can't quickly click the "enable disk" while it's syncing. I can click the tabs and get to the preferences within the menu, but when I click "apply" all I get is the stopwatch curson and then a msg saying my iPod can't be detected.

I may just restore and resync overnight while I'm sleeping and hope that fixes the problem...if I can even get it to restore.

Edit to Add: Something went right...restarting the Mac and now things are working fine...well, I still have to reset the thing to turn it off.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Bru5ter

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2006
Brisbane Australia
Apple will not accept that their product is faulty. I have spoken to heaps of people whos iPodds are just screwing up.

Mine died after the second charge, the screen flicked up the apple logo and then nothing. the guy at the store attempted to turn it on, shrugged his shoulders, said "theres another one" and replaced the whole thing which took 1 week.

A friend of mine said it happened to his, and the apple store guy said he had to buy a seperate charger for his PC, and since then he has had no probs. I just wont accept having to buy another item to make the first thing work - shouldn t it just bloody work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.