iPod Personalization (engraving) Gallery

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 10, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors member

That site is the lamest thing Apple has published, ever.

3. macrumors regular

lol, I like it and it may inspire people imho...my favorite is "cool kids have ipods" hehheheh they have become the coolest thing next to sliced bread huh?

4. macrumors member

Ugh. Resize the window on me like that. LAME!

5. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Apple is starting to get full of themselves, they need a dose of modesty.

6. macrumors 6502

Mainyehc

Awww... This is just a rip-off of www.ipodlaughs.com ... only ipodlaughs make you... er... laugh?? :p

7. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

wow. the music went to apple's heads. they are way too confident with everything now. oh well, let steve have his ego-trip :p

8. macrumors 604

MacBandit

Isn't this just a way of providing suggestions to people for their engraving service. It may be free at the moment but it will not be free in the future and if they can suggest an idea that someone likes then they just made an extra sale.

9. macrumors G5

nagromme

Hyping an iPod feature lacking from other vendors, on a product that has 92% of the market and is a cultural icon. How is that an ego trip? It's marketing. That's life.

10. macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

I think it's kinda lame but you're right about marketing. It's all about marketing.

11. macrumors member

What I meant was that the idea of promoting engravings is not a bad one, but the suggested engravings are embarassing, IMHO. Most of them are cute and innocent, but in a very not cool way, which is why they don't quite match with the iPod brand very well.
    Also the attempts at humour are very weak. There was like two slogans which I thought were ok.
    I think they should find a better copywriter or (if these are real engravings suggested by real people) find someone with better taste to pick the slogans.

I have no idea why I rant about this, since it really is such a non-issue.

12. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Can you even navigate to this section on the Apple site without the direct link?