iPod Photo 30GB or 60GB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rickvanr, May 4, 2005.

1. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I've decided to get myself a new iPod, and why not go with the best? Especially since the prices are much lower then they were last time I purchased one. So my question is, which is better? 30GB or 60GB? Is the size of the 60GB alright or will it bug me? I once had a 5GB 1st Gen, are they basically the same size?

2. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I have the 30gb, and with the case I got from agent18, I am glad I did not get the 60 GB. Personal preferance though.

3. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Yeah, they are pretty much the same size. It's just a matter of how much space you could potentally need, when you combine the size of your music, photos, and files you want to back up.

4. MacCoaster macrumors 6502a

MacCoaster

Washington, DC / Rochester, NY / Lexington, NC
    Exactly right. I got the 60 GB iPod. People think I was crazy because of it's physical size, but come on it's not that bad! I've already filled up 25 GB. Lots of good music, lots of photos (over 1100) and stuff I want to keep around with me.

And the ironic thing is that I'm deaf. :)

5. MichielM macrumors newbie

It depends on how many CDs / songs you have and against what bitrate you rip. I bought the 60Gb as I wanted to rip against MP4/ 256kbs to get good quality.