Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starfish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
Sussex
hi

I have the money for the ipod 60gb on offer on dixons.co.uk for £270. I have wanted one for ages, and being a music uni student, music is my life so I want a big ipod. I will also be using my ipod as a portable Hard drive.

Anyway what I don't know is should I hold off to get a new ipod if they are updating the range. I'm not fussed about the photo feature, although I like the colour screen and would value a good battery life.

I'm off on holiday on August 1st and back to uni the end of september. I will obviously enjoy music while away on holiday as we are driving a long way, but I think I could manage with my minidisc for another 2 weeks!

When are apple likely to release an update and will it be worth waiting for?

cheers

mike

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
I couldn't be sure of the date of the next update, but if you are getting the ipod from dixons, get coverplan on it. I know its a little more, but it really is worth it.

I got a 3G ipod from dixons, and took out coverplan. This year it started doing an occasional 'weird' thing every now and again, it was changed on the spot for a 30 gig photo!

Coverplan is really worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.