iPod Photo arrives in the UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by James Craner, Nov 10, 2004.

1. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

My 60 GB iPod photo has just arrived, sitting on my desk, I ordered it on the day that they were announced. So hopefully if anyone else is waiting for theirs in the UK, hopefully you have either got it already or its on its way.

I will post back when I have a chance to use it, when I am back home.

2. James.Paul macrumors regular

I just got mine this afternoon. Cant wait to get it open.

3. James Craner thread starter macrumors 68000

James Craner

The iPod is charging and syncing at the moment, hopefully it will not suffer from the audio glitch that have affected some of the 4th Gen iPods. I will post back when it has finished syncing.

4. James Craner thread starter macrumors 68000

James Craner

I have been playing with the new iPod Photo, and so far I am really pleased with it, the colour screen is excellent. Although the screen is the same size as a normal iPod the photo's are clear and bright, more so than I was expecting. Also the display while listening to music is much clearer in colour and displays more information as well. I don't appear to have any audio problems that have been reported as the buffer is re-loading, but I have had not much chance to test.

I can say that anyone that is thinking of getting one, it is highly recommended. I would also say that the Audio quality is noticeably better than the 3rd Gen 30 GB iPod that I had before, which was a bit of a surprise.

5. mattmook macrumors member

argh shipping problems

Damn you guys! My iPod has been stuck in transit for the last few days... was supposed to have arrived on the 10th, now doesn't look likely to arrive before the 19th. Anyone else had shipping problems to the UK, or is it just me?

6. James Craner thread starter macrumors 68000

James Craner

Sorry to hear your iPod is delayed, but don't take much notice of the tracking information, the day before the iPod actually got delivered, the tracking information was still showing and as being dispatched from China. Once it actually got to the Netherlands it got to me the next day. You would think for a technology company they could get better tracking information. The wait will be well worth it. This is how my tracking data looked:

*Shipment Picked Up
    *SHANGHAI, SH, CN
    *30 Oct 2004 06:16

*Shipment Picked Up
    *(CNSHA02)
    *30 Oct 2004 14:44

*Depart Terminal
    *(CNSHA02)
    *02 Nov 2004 16:55

*Shipment Picked Up
    *EINDHOVEN, NB, NL
    *09 Nov 2004 22:39