Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
Sweet Slideshow Snow Monkeys!
Does anyone know if the AV cable that many digital cameras come with will work with the iPod? Anyone tried this? I don't have one here or I'd test it.

I was hoping to show a slideshow this weekend while at the family's for Easter but my AV cable hasn't been delivered yet.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Having just looked at the iPod Photo A/V cable and the one for my camera, I can tell you with a definite NO they are not all compatible.

And in truth, plugging the wrong cable type into the iPod may or may not damage it.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
Bear said:
Having just looked at the iPod Photo A/V cable and the one for my camera, I can tell you with a definite NO they are not all compatible.

And in truth, plugging the wrong cable type into the iPod may or may not damage it.

Great Televised Peter Tork!
I found the cable from my camera and tested it out before reading your post. Although the connector fit fine into the iPod headphone jack - it didn't work. Couldn't see the slideshow on my TV.
Now hopefully I didn't do any damage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.