Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
BigEvan23 said:
As we speek iTunes is compressing my photos to upload onto my 40gb that I recieved 20 mins ago from FedEx. Ill post pictures and a review later on today!

Oooh its done!

I hate you... :D

Enjoy your pPod

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
What?

SiliconAddict said:
GRRRR. I ordered my 60GB about 5 minutes after Job's little presentation. First thing I did was call all 3 Apple stores in the area. None had them in stock. So I ordered online. I'll suposedly get mine the third. shipping from China or some place. WTF? Why is it that Apple has this nice cache of iPods sitting around to ship to their stores but none ready to ship in the states. Yah its only 6 more days but still. If I had known I would have waited.

The only photo iPods in Apple Stores are demoes, they have none to sell for 1-2 weeks, so quityerbitchin.

James L

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
jet3004 said:
Apple Store SoHo literally had like 50 the day after...All 60gb, though...

Good try Apple, but I'm not falling for that! 40 is enough for me.

Ahhh SoHo... I miss New York. Can't wait too come back!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming!

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
appleretailguy said:
What's the point of a post like this?
he was stating you were wrong in the fact that in the first post jsw talked about playing with one, while they were on sale. There is no 1-2 week wait..

oh and getting back on topic, i wonder how they kept this thing underwraps. IF there really was 10 or so 60 gig colors...then how did they keep this a secret?

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
jackieonasses said:
oh and getting back on topic, i wonder how they kept this thing underwraps. IF there really was 10 or so 60 gig colors...then how did they keep this a secret?

Email from: steve.jobs@apple.com
To: allapplestaff@apple.com
Subject: iPod Photo release
Date: 10/20/2004

Hi all, now that we confirmed the date for the music event next week, I hope you, guys from the apple retail stores, not to get your a$$ in fire if you open your mouth during the next days.

isn't it cool to work at apple?

Steve.

They can manage that security level, pretty easy. :rolleyes:

Yes, I know, but I'm tired and want to sleep.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
jsw said:
You'll love it. If I may be so bold, how much did yours sell for? I'm considering doing the same thing....

On eBay I got $364.99 out of mine......plus $15 to ship it via UPS Ground. That's with the original box, headphones (unused), USB 2.0 cord (unused), dock, firewire cord, and a clear protective cover from:
http://www.powerdesignusa.com

I ordered my iPod Photo today....can't wait to get it.

Jerrod

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2003
I picked up my 60gig photo at the apple store that had its grand opening yesterday out here in so.cal.

The 60gig is veyr cool the display is amazing and there is no photo lag. Its not much bigger than the 40gig I say that cause the new 60 fits in my bose sound dock using the last gen 40gig plate.

BTW the store i was at had at least 50 of each model

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
iJon said:
I don't think that is accurate. You have until the end of the 1 year warranty to purchase AppleCare for the iPod. Once you buy that you get a extra 1 year on your warranty, bringing your total to a 2 year warranty no matter when you buy it. Someone needs to give him a lesson on AppleCare.

iJon

That is correct.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Jovian9 said:
On eBay I got $364.99 out of mine......plus $15 to ship it via UPS Ground. That's with the original box, headphones (unused), USB 2.0 cord (unused), dock, firewire cord, and a clear protective cover from:
http://www.powerdesignusa.com

I ordered my iPod Photo today....can't wait to get it.
Thanks for the info. Hmmmmm... I've never sold anything on eBay before, but I suppose I need to learn how sometime.

nfocus design

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Texas
jsw said:
Thanks for the info. Hmmmmm... I've never sold anything on eBay before, but I suppose I need to learn how sometime.

I don't know what I did before ebay. I sold my iBook on ebay to help pay for my PowerBook and my G4 and 17" display to help pay for my G5 and 23" display. Apple products resell well too.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
nfocus design said:
I don't know what I did before ebay. I sold my iBook on ebay to help pay for my PowerBook and my G4 and 17" display to help pay for my G5 and 23" display. Apple products resell well too.

Was wondering the same thing the other day. Before eBay I think we just used products until they were useless and then tossed them.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Inkmonkey said:
Was wondering the same thing the other day. Before eBay I think we just used products until they were useless and then tossed them.
Well, I need to get started. I'm just clueless about the whole thing. No idea how to sell things, no idea how to avoid getting ripped off when people buy things. I'd rather sell in person....

nfocus design

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Texas
jsw said:
Well, I need to get started. I'm just clueless about the whole thing. No idea how to sell things, no idea how to avoid getting ripped off when people buy things. I'd rather sell in person....

Go to ebay.com and click on sell. Read their how do you sell on eBay info.

NEVER ship before payment has cleared.

Village

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2003
Austin, Tejas
nfocus design said:
Go to ebay.com and click on sell. Read their how do you sell on eBay info.

NEVER ship before payment has cleared.

jsw,

This late in the game you might want to find a friend who has a solid eBay rating to sell your iPod for you. eBay is built on trust, and a guy with a (0) rating trying to sell an expensive iPod (or 17in Powerbook as is often the case) would have a hard time finding buyers. You'd probably still sell it, but from my experience, sellers with low ratings take a profit hit on their auctions.

If you do go ahead with your eBay auction, post your photos of the iPod, not some Apple press photos, and make the ad as professional as possible.

nfocus design

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Texas
Village said:
jsw,

This late in the game you might want to find a friend who has a solid eBay rating to sell your iPod for you. eBay is built on trust, and a guy with a (0) rating trying to sell an expensive iPod (or 17in Powerbook as is often the case) would have a hard time finding buyers. You'd probably still sell it, but from my experience, sellers with low ratings take a profit hit on their auctions.

If you do go ahead with your eBay auction, post your photos of the iPod, not some Apple press photos, and make the ad as professional as possible.

I agree and add not to take bids from bidders with a negative feedback.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Village said:
jsw,

Thanks for the advice.

SasyBabe

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2003
New Jersey
Thanks for the info... I was just curious... could someone explain the skip protection... and whats the difference between the 25 mins on the iPod and 17 mins on the iPod Photo... thanks! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.