iPod Photo Shipping Delay?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by vjfoxy, Nov 14, 2004.

1. vjfoxy macrumors newbie

After nearly 3 years of an iBook G3 and iPod G1, October 25/26 were great days for me as my wife-to-be ordered me a iMac G5 20" for my pending birthday meaning I could treat myself to an iPod Photo.

The iPod Photo was ordered on Oct 26. Nov 2nd I got a shipping notification informing me 7-8 days (destination Vienna, Austria).

Alas no further news.
    The 'Apple Store Shipping Status' web link shows:
    "Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN*01 Nov 2004 22:30"
    "Shipment picked up (CNSHA02) 02 NOV 2004 07.28"

.. and thats it, nothing else. I'm informed shipping is via TNT Nederlands.
    I am unable to track the order via TNT Nederland B.V. using either of the reference numbers.

In both cases get the message: "For this consignment no data have been found".

Is this the norm this time of year? I hope my iMac (once built) does not take so long to ship.
    ----------

2. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Sorry to hear your iPod is delayed, but don't take much notice of the tracking information, the day before the iPod actually got delivered, the tracking information was still showing and as being dispatched from China. Once it actually got to the Netherlands it got to me the next day. You would think for a technology company they could get better tracking information. The wait will be well worth it. This is how my tracking data looked:

*Shipment Picked Up
    *SHANGHAI, SH, CN
    *30 Oct 2004 06:16

*Shipment Picked Up
    *(CNSHA02)
    *30 Oct 2004 14:44

*Depart Terminal
    *(CNSHA02)
    *02 Nov 2004 16:55

*Shipment Picked Up
    *EINDHOVEN, NB, NL
    *09 Nov 2004 22:39

*Arrive Terminal
    *YATE, AV, GB
    *10 Nov 2004 08:24

*Out For Delivery
    *YATE, AV, GB
    *10 Nov 2004 08:56

*Delivered
    *YATE, AV, GB
    *10 Nov 2004 16:12

3. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Just to add to the last e-mail, it is actually a different company that delivered the iPod to EINDHOVEN, only when it gets there will it be handed over to TNT, from that point on you should get it next day, and you can track on the TNT tracking website

Good Luck!

4. ecche macrumors regular

If you look closely at the tracking info page you will probably find the carrier name to be KUEHNE & NAGEL HIGH-TECH LOGISTICS. That is a contradiction in terms really, since K&N are easily the silliest company I know. I wonder why Apple still do business with them. You were probably better off with Attila the Hun bringing you your iPod on horseback.

Enjoy the wait!

5. vjfoxy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone .... well they do say half the pleasure is in the waiting. Fingers crossed it arrives soon.

6. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Seas vjfoxy, there has been a delay, yes, also for germany, I have had some words with apple about the shipment and they say that the iPod were last friday in Netherlands, and will be delivered latest on wednesday, they first said thursday last week but somehow they had a problem some where between shanghai and europe... but it will be this week with you ;), I also have to deliver our products to the customers and know the kind of excuses to give :p :p :p

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

8. Arthur Bel macrumors newbie

also waiting

i ordered mine the day after the ipod photos were announced and i'm still
    waiting for it to arrive. I called Apple several times and it seems that Kuehne & Naghel cause the problems. Apples sites does not give you accurate info about the shipping. Use your tracking number starting whit "80..." and check this site: http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/
    it seems all ipod photo orders for europe are shipping from Taiwan, and are send to Luxembourg and to the Netherlands the next day. Mine was in "customs" for more than one week. According to the site the plane left the 12th of november, arriving the 14th in Luxembourg. It should have been in the Netherlands today and delivered tomorrow. Will see. Anyhow, Apple received a lot of complaints about Kuehne & Naghel and is aware of the problem.

9. vjfoxy thread starter macrumors newbie

yesterday it happened

Yesterday 20th November I got my iPod photo :)

Ordered on 26th October,
    Shipping notification 2nd November
    Delivered 20th November

Have to say I am very pleased with it and now my iMac G5 20" is shipping as well.

The wait IS worth it.

10. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Congratulations, I connected mine to the TV for the first time today and I was impressed with the slideshow quality, but I wish I could change the default transitions.

11. vjfoxy thread starter macrumors newbie

Today was the first time we connected ours up to the TV (well, projector actually). I was satisified with the quality, although you do notice a reduction from the quality achieved when doing a slideshow straight from iPhoto. I shoot mainly with a DSLR working in RAW, then convert for upload into iPhoto. My wife-to-be (an avid photograper) always compares to film-slides. ..... I'll allow her to carry boxes of slides, while I walk around listening to music and looking at pictures ;)

for me the beauty of iPod photo is I have the feeling I'll be looking more at our photo collection.