iPod Photo Shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by auxplage, Feb 20, 2005.

1. auxplage macrumors 6502

The iPod Photo is now shipping in 2–4 days just like the iPod Mini is shipping in 5–7 as discussed in another thread. I wonder if Apple has something special in store for the iPod Photo such as eliminating it and giving color screens to the iPod.

2. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

That is very interesting. I remember seeing on another site that the iPod photos may come down $100 each to hopefully spur their sales with the subsequent elimination of the plain 40 GB iPod. However, I think if you are going to go that far, you would seriously hurt 20 GB iPod sales unless you gave it a color screen too. If the mini's are going to get color screens, then I would say the whole line should get color screens or smart people will just hold off buying one (or get something else altogether) knowing that the color screens are coming soon. This isn't like the click wheel which took 6-7 months to make it to the regular iPod line because no one knew how useful and popular that would be and a color screen is much more obvious and beneficial to anyone.

So, we may not see true 5G iPods with this announcement, but I would expect color screens across the board. Now the question is whether software capabilities will restrict the photo features to the higher end iPods or be given across the board or even to the mini's? Some of the iPod mini wannabes have photo capability so we will just have to see.