Ipod Photo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jer446, Mar 1, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I am going to go away this summer for 2 months.. I need to buy a camera, and then an ipod.. i dont listen to much music so i want a mini because it is cheaper and smaller, but with this new photo connector coming out, it will save me money as i wont need to buy as large capacity card for my digital camera.. will they have this device for only ipod photos? I dont care to look at the photos, just i want to transfer it to the ipod. Also, do you guys think it will work with all cameras?

2. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

They're aren't many details about the connector right now i.e. what cameras will work with it, but from what I have read, I think it only works with the ipod photo. You can get a belkin card reader to hooks up to the existing ipods with dock connector, that will do exactly what you want.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

You can buy 3 1GB CF cards for the price of an iPod photo.

Buying it just for that purpose doesn't make sense.

5. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i wouldnt be buying it soley for that purpose. I would be buying it because i need an mp3 player anyways, but i really dont need that much music.. I probably will get a sony cam. which used pro stcik duo, which the card reader for the other ipods does not accept. Thats why i was hoping this adapter would come out for the other ipod lines to so i dont have to spend the extra money for the photo.

6. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Well in that case:

If you are hell bent on getting the sony, I guess your only option is to wait for the camera adpater, but like I said, I think it only works with the photo, and there is no list of compatable cameras yet since the device isn't even out.