Ipod photo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sammyman, Mar 24, 2005.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I decided on the ipod photo 30GB. Is now a good time to buy? Is it a pretty new item on the market? I am excited about ordering, but apple's camera connector says "1-3 weeks" delivery time. Bummer.

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Go for it. I mean it's an ipod, it's not like your waiting for a speed increase or anything, it's just a hard drive. I would buy it if i were you.

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

The 30gb iPod photo was brought to the market 1 month ago.

4. OCOTILLO macrumors regular

Go for the 40 GB

I checked out the 30GB at Best Buy and they were selling the 40 GB for about the same price. The 40 comes with all the goodies. I went on line and bought my 40GB and am very satisfied. No sales tax, free 3 day shipping total price $359. I have since downloaded the software update with no problems.

Dont forget, the 40GB comes with the dock - very convenient- save 50 bucks.

5. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I don't know that there is a real difference, but the replaced 40GB iPod Photo seems hands down like a better deal - Buy.com has them for $359 - and if you can find a coupon...

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

One advantage of the 30gb is that it is thinner and lighter than the 40gb.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

You also get a carrying case, AV cable, both Firewire and USB cables, a charging brick and the photo dock with the "old" 40GB. It is a bit thicker (noticeably so), but I love mine. :D

8. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Im going to use the student discount to get the 30gb. It will be $319, no tax. It is already a little more than I want to spend, but that is cool. If I could get the 40gb with the student discount, I would. Oh well.

9. iGary Guest

iGary

There are still some sites around selling the 40GB for 339.00 - I got mine from buy.com, which is a fulfillment center for the apple store - have a look around.