ipod photo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Ipaqman, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

Sep 22, 2003
    hey everyone,

i was just wondering which ipod photo you went with the 60 or 40. could you let me know which one you went with and your age. i am just curious to know how old all of you are that are buying the ipod 40 or 60. i just don't know why anyone would need 60gb of storage for music.

just curious,
  2. LFrascogna macrumors member

Jun 29, 2003
    Chicago, IL

The $600 price tag kept me from getting the 60gb, but they are the same size so if you can afford it you sacrifice no size (the thing is already a little chunky compared to my 3g 15gb). I'm 23, if that is what you wanted to know.
  3. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2004
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    I got the 60GB modle, i use to to put all my music/photos and back up my itunes libary. The 40GB is a lot of space and is enough but if you can get the 60GB do.

p.s i am 22 but feel like an 18 year old :D
  4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

Aug 5, 2003
    40 GB iPod photo, (16 GB Music, 2 GB Photos), 24 and I also feel a lot younger ;)
  5. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Feb 19, 2003
    Planet Zebes
    40GB iPod Phohto
    32GB Music + 2GB Photos
    I'm 26 years old and so is my wife.
  6. geeman macrumors regular

Nov 27, 2001
    At My Mac
    Had to be the 60Gb. It's not just for music, as I use it as a portable HD for presentations and stuff. I can easily get a Keynote presentation to be more than 400Mb... :eek:

I would have gone for a 60Gb version of the "standard" iPod if Apple made one. Since they didn't (and I was in desparate need of upgrading) I bought an iPod photo.

The added bulk of the machine doesn't matter to me, as my 60Gb iPod photo is the same thickness as the 20Gb iPod 2G that it's replacing!

I also have a complete OS X install on there for fault-finding my PB15 in emergencies.

Age? Well, that would be telling....