1. Boris Yeltsin macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

Does anyone here have any advice on buying and Ipod photo? I've been meaning to drive to the apple store for a while now, but that'll have to stay on hold for a few weeks. Anyway, if anyone does, post your opinion, experiences, and/or problems with the device. I should have known last year to buy the 40GB 3G, my little 10GB won't cut it anymore, and the color screen would be nice.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

The only reason I plan to buy one is because I really want to be able to carry my portfolio around to clients with me and give them an idea of the work I do. Although it is a small screen, I won't have to haul my iBook with me.

I played with one at the Soho Apple store a few weeks ago, and it was brilliant. The display is crips and clear, images loaded and sorted quickly, and the sound was good. I just don't have 599.00 laying around to justify being too lazy to carry the iBook around right now. Maybe after a price drop.

I wouldn't recommend buying it just for the color screen, though.

3. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

It feels a little heavy/big to me when compared to the other 4Gs. The interface looks awesome, but imho there is considerable lag when viewing photos. I am wondering if you use one of the belkin card reader things if the photo's you add will be viewable immediately.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

That's a good question - I think it has to be synced, but I'm prolly wrong.

There are actually a lot of products on the market that have a color screen and a compact flash socket built in. Image tank is one.

But, you can't play music, they are expensive, the interface sucks and they are ugly, so the iPod Photo it will be for me.

5. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I'm afraid you do have to sync to be able to view the photos on the iPod photo. I don't know if that's something that will change - hope so.

I'm considering getting one for the colour screen & longer battery life. A few more games might be the clincher!

6. haiggy macrumors 65816

If you use a card reader, you have to sync first to see the photos. You can't sync them onto the iPod and then look at them.

Edit: Whoops, he beat me.