iPod Pics

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by iHateWindows, Oct 12, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

I know they were just released today, but I want to be the first to start a thread on posting your new iPod pictures if you have them...so post here.

2. macrumors 604

clayj

Probably no one will have any of these until this time next week, at the earliest... just FYI.

3. macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Appleinsider has some pics of the iPod and the accessories you get with the iPod. i am really feeling the iPod pimp case..hehe :D

4. macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

I love it too, I just hopes it a molded hard case, instead of a limp cloth that wont protect it. I also hope the interior is lined with something that will not cause scratches...maybe like some microfiber or silk? :D

Hmm...did you notice the iPod cable is a firewire cable and not a USB cable? I was to understand the new iPods only support USB...hmmm

5. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

hmmm... maybe this thread could have been started by someone who actually had the pictures?

but ok... you started the thread- good job :rolleyes:

also looking forward to seeing real pictures

6. macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

They werent released, they were announced. They arent available until next week

7. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Guess they gave up on the sock concept :p

8. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Mine is ordered, still processing. Order placed this afternoon.

9. macrumors 604

clayj

Don't worry... if I am the first to have pictures (as I was with the nano), I will definitely be starting a new thread. :)

10. macrumors 68020

AI said that these were accessories that you can buy for the iPod. You can still buy a Firewire cable for charging.

11. macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

I really wish they hadnt dropped FireWire syncing support.

12. macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

I really wished they hadn't dropped the power adaptor! I mean COME ON! That's about the most essential accesroy in the world! They also shrunk the packaging to the unexciting mini-nano-shuffle type slim thing. The cube package was a symbol of the iPod, and they shouldn't have killed it!

13. macrumors 65816

devman

Yep, I have to agree with that and the power adapter is required to use the new universal dock IR.

14. macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

Its ridiculous on the their accessory pricings. You have to buy the IR dock $39 and if you want to take advantage of the IR you have to buy the remote $29 then you have to buy the power adapter for another $29. And if you want to use TV out, you have to buy the cable for another $19
    39+29+29+19=116
    That $116 on top of $299 or $399 to take advantage of every new feature. I'd say its a little absurd. Especially when the 3G iPods were out you got a case, power adaptor, dock, and cables. Its just a little ridiculous to not include anything but the case, usb cable, headphones, and iPod. I'm surprised they havent charged you extra if you want the little white stickers :rolleyes:

15. macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I'll be adding a picture of a white 60GB 5G iPod in about 2 weeks...

Until then:

[​IMG]