iPod Preferences

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by crees!, Aug 22, 2004.

1. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

I can't find the thread that was going a few days ago about syncing playcount and ratings between iTunes and iPod. I have my settings on manually managing songs and playlists. Does auto-update all songs and playlists give you an exact copy of all your iTunes music on your iPod? I don't want that, only select albums that I manually copy over but I would like to have the ratings / playcount auto-update. I don't mind having playlists auto-update. The main stickler is having all my music on my pod which I don't want. Can I get anywhere here?

2. crees! thread starter macrumors 68000

crees!

I notice when I go into iPod preferences in iTunes and select to auto-update it displays a message stating all existing songs and playlists on the iPod will be replaced with songs and playlists in the iTunes library. So is it going to delete all the music off the iPod and replace it with the full iTunes catalog?

3. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

yes, yes it will replace all your music with the full itunes library, dont dont know of a way just to get the ratings across, maybe a 3rd party utility have a search at ipodlounge.com

neil