Ipod price drop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Ubiquitous, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Ubiquitous macrumors newbie

Do you think now that the Ipod Photo has been released we will see a price drop in the 20 and 40gig 4th gen Ipods? :confused:

2. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

Doubt for a while since they pretty much just came out too.

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

If there will be a price drop, it definetely won't happen anytime near the holidays. The iPod will sell like crazy as it is.

4. *Y* macrumors regular

I doubt it. If they reduce the prices of the regular iPods it would make the iPod photo look very over priced. :rolleyes:

5. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

apple has never really "lowered" the price of iPods... prices have almost always been $300, $400 and $500... the capacity/accessories have gotten better. (well, at least since they've had three capacities. the first iPod was $500 with 5 GB.)

6. Ubiquitous thread starter macrumors newbie

Well in that case do you think they will boost the HD in the 4th gen Ipod anytime soon?

7. dav macrumors 6502

They basically just released new iPods, so no.. The 4th gen will stay as is for some time.

8. dotnina macrumors 6502a

I doubt it. When there is a boost, though, it'll probably go to 60 gigs ... seeing how that's what's in the photo iPod. I suppose there's always the chance, though, that they'll always keep the photo iPod "better" than the regular iPod by making sure it always has the bigger HD ... I guess we'll find out how things go in the next revision.

If you check out the Macrumors Buyers guide, you can see that the iPod is approximately in mid-cycle. Since you really seem to want an answer, I'll chip in with a guess that we could see new iPods in early March. (Total guess.)