Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruane89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Hiya i have a black 80gb ipod classic. theres about 10gb of music on it and about 4gb of video however when i am adding tracks or videos from itunes to the ipod the bar that gives yu a guide to how mmuch is left stops about 3/4 full and freezes this means i usually have to reset ipod. same thing happens with everything. my problem is if i have to restore to factory settings is how do i back up my music as i use manually sync and half my original music is no longer on laptop!

CPrider09

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2009
Open up your iPod from your computer (not through iTunes). Turn on hidden files, and there should be a folder in there called iPodContent (?) It should contain all of your music, videos, etc... If you need any assistance, ask.

ruane89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Open up your iPod from your computer (not through iTunes). Turn on hidden files, and there should be a folder in there called iPodContent (?) It should contain all of your music, videos, etc... If you need any assistance, ask.

cheers how do i do this on mac though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.