iPod Problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacMyDay, Aug 13, 2004.

1. MacMyDay macrumors regular

I've had my 2nd generation 20GB iPod for ages now, yet found myself not requiring the space after I got my 250GB HD. Yet I'm after a new one now, but alas, the problem is there between the model to get. It's actually between all three of them: mini, 20GB and 40GB. The mini, of course, for its size, yet it seems to be at fault in looks, and we all know its all about style these days.
    Thus, it goes to the 20GB, which is rather beautiful, yet I'd feel for £60 more I may as well get the 40GB, although then it's down to the weight of it over anything. There's nothing wrong with the 20Gb, but I feel more compelled into spending the most money, whereas the mini is more ideal for exercise, whereas it suffers from the style factor.

Damn Apple giving me too many choices

2. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

have you actually seen a mini in the flesh as it were?

i hadn't seen one until last week (believe it or not, stupid supply in the uk)

They are beautiful, the quality was exceptional on the ones i saw. But i also saw clickwheel ipod too, and although it lacks the minis superb stylish colour and size it is also great. Its back to the simplistic minimal design that made it so great.
    Both are awesome but i would take the mini, the colours on the fiish are flawless and sooo smooth. its amazing, seriously. But if you need more room get the new clickwheel, it rocks too.

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

When I first saw the mini for the first time I was shocked and just how pretty and dinky these little things were...pictures just don't do this little beaut justice!

But the benefits of an iPod with bigger hard drive is that you're getting a lot more HD size for your money, which can be handy for backups and to store documents etc on. Look at what Duke is trying to achieve by giving out pods to all freshmen.

If you're just going to use it for music then I would say go for the mini, did I mention they are just so damn good looking!! :)

4. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

Its true, you really have to see it first hand to appreciate how flawless it looks.

5. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

Agreed, the minis are awesome looking.

Can't wait till capacities hit up to at least 20Gs someday...