Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donhavoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
When syncing my iPod, it gets to a certain point and says the old, "...could not be written to or read from..." bullsh*t. I have restored it many of times and tried to sync again, so now I am thinking that I must repair the disk and/or permission on the iPod. The problem is that I do not have the option of doing this in Disk Utility. How do I get my iPod to show up on the list of disks when using disk utility? All I see is my internal drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If it's not even mounting in Disk Utility then it might be time for a new iPod or a new iPod hard drive. :eek:

However, restart your machine with the iPod unplugged. Open iTunes, and Disk Utility. Plug the iPod in but don't let iTunes sync the music. Can Disk Utility see it now?

donhavoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
ok, I was able to get the iPod to mount, but it says that no repairs were necessary... does this mean I need to purchase a new iPod?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.