iPod problems letter = free gift

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by EJBasile, Sep 28, 2004.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

Apr 20, 2004
    I don't know why i put this in buying tips/advice/help but i thought this a great reason why apple's service and support is so much better than all the others.

I am on my 3rd iPod now after the 1st and 2nd had hard drive and battery problems. I thought my third had a problem but according to apple apparently not. So I sent an apple requesting a replacement or refund. I sent the letter (from CT to CA) and about 1 week later around 6:00pm a lady from apple called me (from US- Not india lol dell) and told me that they would look into my 3rd ipod problem. The lady called back in 3 days telling me that they could not replace but they could send me a gift from the apple store (within reason of course). So i picked out the ALTEC LANSING iPod INMOTION SPEAKERS. The speakers shipped from CA in one day and were delivered with overnight shipping (got them 3 days after i ordered them!!)
  2. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2003
    Long Beach, California
    Really lucky you. I've had my iPod replaced an insane 4 times already, although I got upgraded from 30 to 40 GB last year.
  3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Congrats, it shows that honey can get more than vinegar.
  4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Feb 19, 2003
    Planet Zebes
    By phone calls my REFURBISHED 17" REV A 1GHz PowerBook 60GB 512MB 1X SuperDrive was replaced with a BRAND NEW 17" REV B 1.33GHz PowerBook 80GB 2X SuperDrive and a free 512MB RAM stick to get it up to 1GB RAM..............all because the battery went out within 2 weeks and the logic board within 1 month from the purchase of the refurb.....and they could not get the parts in for the logic board so they had my refurb for 4 weeks. The customer relations lady was very nice and helpful, understood my frustration, shipped me 512MB RAM the 1st time I spoke with her, and a new PowerBook the 2nd time. I was polite and made sure I had every bit of info ready when she asked questions and it worked out great:)
  5. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Apr 16, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, those are some great stories. It's always nice to hear good stories too, so people realize that not everyone has a bad experiecne. It is just that those people tend to be a lot more vocal.
  6. t300 macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2004
    Well, when I got my PB I called and said that the sound was not as expected, that I thought it was better and Apple sent me Soundsticks. They are awesome! But I have heard people doing this just because and Apple sends them stuff...even the new iMac G5..

Also, another time I didn't think my dock was working for the Mini, I thought the audio went out. Well, Apple just sent me another one like 3 days later. A week later I found out that I had a bad cable. Oh well, thanks Apple!
  7. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    lucky!!! hehe too bad im out of warrantly to try that kind of stuff
  8. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Oct 16, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    And I thought I was lucky when I got overnight shipping on an APX replacement...
  9. djkny macrumors 6502

Sep 30, 2003
    I have replacement stories near mythic -- try 3 powerbook replacements in the span of 6 weeks.

Apple rewards generously to those who wait -- ipod, airport express, (2) sticks of 512MB RAM, power adapters, free upgrade, and more.

It takes legit complaints and persistence, but, there you go ...