iPod problems...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by skinkybob, Jan 28, 2006.

1. skinkybob macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2006
    Alright, well, my sister has this 30GB Video iPod, and I hadn't noticed that the USB adaptor was connected to the iPod, so I unplugged it, not realizing that it might have said "Do Not Disconnect" on it. So, I immediately plugged it back in, and waited, and now, it's flashing between an odd charging screen, and the picture of the iPod with the sad face... So, I checked out www.apple.com/support/ipod and none of the solutions on that site work. I am unable to put the iPod into disc mode, and the site doesn't tell you how to restore the iPod without putting it into Disc Mode. I can't seem to even reset the thing. It doesn't mention anywhere what to do if you improperly disconnect the iPod, just how to properly disconnect it. I can't restore the factory settings, as the iPod updater doesn't register that the iPod is connected.
  2. nirvana06 macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2006

happened to me once, after itunes froze. Its in the booklet that came with the ipod

To reset Ipod:

Connect Ipod to your computer
    SEt the HOld switch to HOld and then turn it off again.
    Press and hold center and menu buttons for at least 6 seconds, untill the Apple logo appears.

hopefully that works
  3. skinkybob thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2006
    reseting the iPod really does nothing... what I need to do is restore it, but it seems as if the only way to do that is to put it into Disc Mode, and the iPod won't let me do that.
  4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    You're trying to restore it with the iPod updater utility right?
  5. skinkybob thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2006
    No, we don't have one... do you mean the AC Adaptor or whatever? All we have is USB Cable.
  6. mannix87 macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2005
    in the southeast
    the iPod updater comes w/ the CD installer. since, i presume, you've downloaded this into your computer, you can find it in the programs menu under "iPod". you have a fairly new unit so the Updater should be well...up to date.:eek: If your computer can still detect your unit, you should be able to restore it.