iPod problems

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Royal Pineapple, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

ok im having problems wioth my iPod, it plays music normally for about five to ten minutes, than it starts to skip
    the skip dosnt sound mechanical, rather like an error reading the MP3
    any one have any similar problems or am i a once in a million buyer?
  2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    First off, make sure you have the latest version of the iPod software for your area (1.2.2 for some people under different laws).

Second, does this problem with any set of music with a total playing time of five to ten minutes, or only with certain songs? If it's with certain songs, try removing the songs and play again.

If this problem occurs with a very quick skipping period (meaning less than one second) and doesn't happen often, your Hard Drive is loading more data to your iPod's RAM to consume battery life as it normally would. How long exactly is the skipping period? Also, is there static in the music or just a break in the action?
  3. Royal Pineapple thread starter macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

it happens with any music it will play normally for a bit and than start skipping
    the longest i let it run for was about 45 seconds before i was forced to turn it off for the sake of my ears.
    i tried deleting my entire ipod library and re installing the software and music no dice

help me
  4. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Why haven't you posted your question over at TheTechPub? Look at my signature.

There is a link leading to Alpha's site, and you are registered there. He should be able to help you out better than I tried.