iPod Problems

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MarkW19, Jun 23, 2004.

1. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I've had a 1st Gen iPod (10GB) for 2 years, and it's recently started playing up. It has the latest software on it. I'm using OS 10.3.4 and the latest iTunes, on a G5 single 1.8.

When I synced up with iTunes one day, my iPod crashed (along with iTunes). So, I force-quite iTunes and reset my iPod. All was ok, so I tried again with different songs. It crashed again. So I reset the ipod again, but this time when it rebooted, all I got was a sort of folder icon with an "!" in a triangle. It then doesn't recognize the iPod and asks if I want to initialize it.

So, I used the iPod updater to restore my iPod. All was ok, and my songs went across, and it was ok for a couple of more syncs.

But, yesterday, the same thing happened again - I added a new song, and it crashed. So I reset it, and then I got the folder icon and I can't do anything with it now! It won't even restore because the iPod updater says it "isn't mounted on the desktop".

Has anyone any ideas??

:)

2. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

I had similar problems. I used disk warrior to fix my ipod. I don't really know what it does but my ipod works fine now.