iPod purchasing plan help needed!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by carbonmotion, Sep 15, 2006.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

should i buy a 80g iPod Video now? or wait till the wide touch screen comes out? i currently have a 4th gen non-color and a nano 1g

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Nobody really knows if this wide touch-screen iPod even exists.

The only thing even vaguely resembling confirmation of anything was a remark out of Foxconn about a "none touch" iPod, and "none touch" seems nonsensical, or perhaps the result of a botched translation.

[ Edit: "a none touch concept" could refer to automated assembly methods, or even the little carrier that suspends the new nano in its display box. Terry Gou didn't even mention interface in that blurb. ]

3. Apple2Mac macrumors regular

Apple2Mac

If there is a wide screen iPod it won't be avaiable before MacWorld 2007

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Is your 4G full?
    Do you really want to watch video?
    When you listen to music, what % of the time is your iPod screen where you can see it?

I'm in a similar position. My 4G still has space for music, I'm not that bothered about video - if I need to take it with me, I can stick it on my cellphone, and most of the time, my iPod is in my pocket so I wouldn't even get the benefit of the coloured screen.

5. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

I'd say that you really need to think about if you will use it for video. Remember that you can listen to music while doing things, but video takes all your attention. That really only is possible and useful if you have to wait around for a long time, or spend time on (safe) public transport. Otherwise, the 8Gb Nano seems like the most attractive model at the moment.

David