iPod randomly pausing and skipping tracks.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Krafty, Apr 30, 2011.

1. macrumors 601

Krafty

I havent dropped my iPod or any damage, but recently its been pausing on its own for some reason, with the headphones tightly seated. Sometimes even though i press play, it'll pause itself again. There are times where after pressing play and locking, it'll skip 1-2 tracks forward.

How do I stop it from doing this?

2. macrumors newbie

I have had a similar problem on my iPhone where it has skipped to a certain part of a song. Turning it off then back on seemed to get the bug out for me. You might want to try that

-Chord

3. macrumors newbie

Depends on what iPod it is. This happens all the time to both my iPod Shuffle and iPhone when I am running at the gym - sweat gets into the remote control on the cable and it goes nuts as you describe.

I had to buy different headphones that did not contain a remote to use my iPhone while running at the gym. Since my shuffle needs a remote in the cable I have stopped using it for this purpose.

4. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

iPod Classic.

5. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

So theres no real solution? Seems things are getting weirder. Sometimes I'll have it sitting on the table, and it will randomly turn itself on a start playing.

6. macrumors 68020

Tried a restore?

7. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

No diced, restore and loaded all songs and it appeared fix but now its randomly turning on and playing and pausing randomly again.