iPod recording-another possibility?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Gus, May 23, 2003.

1. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Maybe the "hidden" recording feature is not that at all. Maybe they are experimenting with a voice-activated iPod. The input is just for a brief command -like "play", "stop?, etc., or the name of the song or artist. It's just a thought, but I think it would be a cool feature, especially since I use my iPod the most in my car, where looking down at the screen for selecting can be dangerous on the interstate.

Thoughts?

Regards,
    Gus

2. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

3. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i personally would love recording on an ipod. So many people i know with mini discs record with them fairly good quality for something thats not meant for recording specifically. it would be great for a million reasons and fun for a million more. though the voice activated would be cool. i know that in the car i have a hard time using my ipod....i picked up an older one for cheap recently :)

4. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

as cool as voice activation would be, i wouldn't be getting your hopes up.

recording is on the cards. voice activation is a pipe dream, IMHO

5. filipp macrumors regular

How does one boot the iPod in the diag-mode? I wanna check this feature out...

6. ThoughtKriminal macrumors member

voice commands is impratical imo. so many lyrics would be bound to interfere. stop, play, pause, back, forward, ect ect are all over songs.

7. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Well, I've got an old one but it shouldn't be different..

Hold down the menu and play/pause button until the iPod resets, while it is starting up again hold down the back select button and the next button, this should get you into the list.

8. pianojoe macrumors 6502

pianojoe

I switched back!

Well, I once owned a 5GB iPod, and I sold it for a 20GB Archos Jukebox Studio because I desperately needed recording (fed up with MiniDisk).

The Archos is a PITA when it comes to design or GUI, but does its job, and it's cheap. I was waiting for a rec iPod since the original came out...

9. jlangdale macrumors newbie

Hah

You're all wrong. The new recording feature is going be iPod iKaraoke!

10. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

Re: Hah

LOL! So that's the secret message the Apple Music commercials were sending! :D

11. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

"Stop... In The Name Of Love" D'oh! :D