Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Who can say what they'll have in the future? They might eventually have death rays, but we won't know until later.

There is a voice recorder, made by Belkin, that attaches to 3rd gen iPods. It runs about $60. Results are...I haven't used one but Google it and you'll see. It's got limited usefulness.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
MoonShadow said:
Does iPod have, or will it ever have, acoustic recording capabilites ?

All iPods after rev 2 have the ability to record audio in the firmware, it simply haven't been implemented at any great level yet.

There was a rumour that the iSight would be able to record directly to an iPods HD.... :cool:

toughboy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Izmir, Turkey
Horrortaxi said:
Who can say what they'll have in the future? They might eventually have death rays, but we won't know until later.

There is a voice recorder, made by Belkin, that attaches to 3rd gen iPods. It runs about $60. Results are...I haven't used one but Google it and you'll see. It's got limited usefulness.

Belkin Recorder is the WORST investment I've ever made.. nothing but cracks and hushs and disqualified recording.. I hate it..

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Griffin makes one, too. I heard it's better, but not much. They are meant to record notes, lectures, etc. Low quality stuff. Apple may release an iPod with better recording capability, possibly even a built in microphone. But I'm sure there are technical, cost, and maybe even legal issues. We shall see.

alangyssler

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2005
Buffalo Grove, IL
iSight + iPod = iRecord?

So, has anyone tried recording from an iSight onto an iPod using the iPod cable? I'm interested in recording audio using iPodLinux, which will allow for recordings up to 96kBs in stero when using the bottom dock (line in) connection. Anyone tried this? If they work together, I would have a fantastic setup for recording live performances, provided I can keep the iSight still.

Oh, I hope someone has had some success doing this.... that'd be so cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.