Ipod recovery

Discussion in 'iPod' started by pishtols, Sep 17, 2005.

1. pishtols macrumors newbie

Jul 23, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Howdy All,

I'm new to the world of mac and ipod, so i appologise for any ignorance on my behalf.

My girlfriend has and iPod (old style, 40GB)

Recently she plugged into her work compuer (G4) and the iPd froze...... next time she turned it on, all her music was lost, but the data she had on it was still there...... can i recover the lost music????

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

Jun 13, 2004
    Not sure why the songs were deleted but couldn't she sync it back up with her host computer (assuming the work computer wasn't the main one)?
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Every now and then my iPod loses all my music but it still subconsciously knows they're there. A simple reset usually gives it the right idea.
  4. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

May 15, 2005
    NG9, England
    If you can get it to mount on any computer, you should be able to retrieve using third party software, (available through the links at ipodlounge.com), or if you can get into the hidden folder through finder, just copy them all from there.

Once done that, I suggest keeping a backup of them all, (hard drive or on cd/dvd), so if you lose them again, you can easily get them back on. Also, as soon as they are all copied, run iPod updater to restore the software back.