iPod refresh before Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tkidBOSTON, Oct 21, 2006.

1. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Okay, so I'm not concerned about what the refresh will hold (true video, etc.) I'm just wondering if the common concensus out there is that there will or will not be a refresh to the iPod line before thanksgiving. The buyer's guide for iPods has become impossible to decipher so I'm hoping you guys will help me out.

I want the latest and greatest iPod for a 3.5hr flight on Nov 26th. What are the chances that if I buy one today, that wont be true on 11/26?

Thanks!

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

No. I'd expect that this is the line-up for Xmas. Buy your iPod.

3. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

We may get the true video iPod. I think it will be much different than the current iPod and will be a product all on its own.

So unless you want something like that, buy the current 5G, nano, or shuffle now as they are not likely to be changed for some time.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

3.5 hours? Why not just have a quick nap?

3.5 hours is dead-set nothing. I'd drive 3.5 hours just to go visit a friend for a day.

Save your money and just buy a magazine. Get your iPod for when you've got to take a long flight.

5. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

The iPods were JUST refreshed. The new Nano isn't even shipping yet. I doubt we'll see another iPod refresh of the current available line until next year.

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Shuffle? ;)

7. tkidBOSTON thread starter macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

This is about as long as my flights will ever get. But with all the time waiting around the airport and all, my 4th gen iPod's battery won't be able to take it.

Sounds like I'll be heading to the Apple store tomorrow.
    Thanks guys. :)

8. scu macrumors regular

I agree. The new verision will be something most people did not expect. The new iPod must do more than just games and music and video. The problem for you is that it may come after Christmas.

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I doubt we will see any refresh of the iPod line since it was just updated.

The only thing that might happen, is the introduction of a true video iPod. Your guess is as good as mine on this item.

As for a 3.5 hour flight. Do something besides listen to music. Read. Sleep. Enjoy talking with your seat mate.

BTW, you are lucky that 3.5 hours is your longest flight. Try 12-16 hour flights sometime if you really want to get bored! ;)