iPod Repair at Apple Repair Centre

Discussion in 'iPod' started by joelovesapple, Feb 16, 2007.

1. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

Hi guys:)

My iPod 5th Gen (black) had been a bit of a pain recently, with some odd error messages popping up in iTunes. I am a proud mac user :)D ) and so I called the tech support line for the UK as thats where I live. We tried everything step by step and they could not resolve the issue. Basically my iPod had to do a clean re-sync every time it was attatched, otherwise I'd get an error message in iTunes; and they were all kinds of different error numbers.

It's at the repair centre now, and the tech support guy said it sounded like a hardware failure - does this mean that I could be having a new iPod? I'm well within warranty, so I'm kind of hoping this will be so. I had it before the September improvements; so therefore in theory if it's replaced I could end up with better battery life (especially for video), brighter screen and a search feature I probably will use once or twice. He also said that he would keep a note of colour preference (I asked him kindly;) if the situation arised that it would require a complete replacement, could I have it in white :eek: :apple: .

The other day before my trip to London ( a good 5 hours away by car) I had another odd thing happen to it. I had to do this scroll wheel test and a few other things. I have never seen it before, it wasn't the usual interface. :confused: That worried me; so I reset it by pressing the menu and middle button. I have not only had to resync my iPod several times, but had to reset it as well.:eek:

And in addition to this, I've got problems on it where the album art does not match the song and it's incredibly annoying to see Faithless album covers on Queen songs, or David Bowies face in a Chris Moyles podcast.:rolleyes: .

In the meantime, I'm hoping that I just get a clean replacement and start from afresh. It's a shame though because the troublesome iPod is my first ever iPod (and Apple product - it's what switched me before the problems arose).:D I had it for my 18th last year.

Having said all that; I am still a happy Apple customer and would still recommend the iPod over anything else that other manufacturers have to offer.;)

2. joelovesapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

I was just wondering how long it takes to come back as it's been quick service so far, and whetehr or not you get a refurb iPod or a new one?