iPod repair turnaround time?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by dethl, Oct 19, 2003.

1. dethl macrumors regular

I sent off my 3G 30gig iPod to be repaired, battery won't hold a charge, and I had one incident where a single line of pixels went through my screen. Anyway, how long has it taken you other iPodders to have your iPod returned after you sent it to them? I'm suffering iPod withdrawl, and with the new iTMS updates, I really want to buy an audiobook or two.

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I had to send in my display a couple months ago. I called Apple on Monday, had a box Wednesday, and had my display back on Friday. I hear that's pretty typical, though I sped it up a bit by taking it to Airborne instead of scheduling a pickup.

3. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

had an iPod wouldnt mount in Finder/iTunes. It's currently in Amsterdam on 'Hold-Awaiting part' status, only been a week. Had hoped they'd just replace it with a shiny new 20Gb. Ah well. That didnt answer your question did it? :)

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

hmmm, i too am having some slight problems with my iPod. when you look at it at an angle, it looks like the LCD is wrinkled under the plastic body cover. also, i have had the lines you talk about, deth, but only when it got really hot. now, though, it's developing a problem that's getting on my nerves. it's kind of flickering--the text/black stuff on the LCD. it can really do it right when it first turns on, but it's always doing it at least a bit. mind you, the text never actually disappears, it just kind of starts to fade out then comes back really fast. i am thinking of calling a repair in... but i'm not sure if i can take being without it :(