iPod Resetting for different OS's.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MacTT, Aug 22, 2006.

1. MacTT macrumors member

Ok I bought a 4th Generation iPod for Windows. So it was Windows formatted. Now I bought a Mac, and it was reset to be Mac formatted.

Now I broke the screen and am selling it online.
    Will the buyer have problems with connecting it to their PC computer and having iTunes open up, with their iPod connected?
    Will they need the AC Adapter to successfully reset their iPod? So should I include that in the package being sent?

I ask the final question because I remember my computer told me I should connect it to the AC adpater to complete the process. I want to make sure because I don't want to get myself in my dodo.

Thanks!. :)

2. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

If you just reset the ipod before you send it, it will be as if it is brand new and it will take the format of the first computer it is connected to so it shouldnt be a problem. I would say keep the charger for your next ipod!!

3. MacTT thread starter macrumors member

So you don't need to connect it to your AC Adapter to complete the formatting process? When they format it to their OS?

4. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Nope, the USB ports on macs are powered and supply enough power to charge the ipod right from the mac!