iPod Scratches

Discussion in 'iPod' started by lewie109, Aug 10, 2006.

1. lewie109 macrumors member

lewie109

Hi Everyone,
    Last December I bought a iPod Nano. I really like it. This summer I was riding my bike and got some bad scratches on the screen. :( There are light scratches on the back. How long is my warranty? How much is Apple Care for it? How can I get my scratches removed? Can I take it to my local Apple Store and have them removed?

Thanks Again,
    Lewie :) :D

2. drewyboy macrumors 6502a

Nothing can be done on apple's side due to it been a "user induced" scratch, as a matter of fact, nothing can be done by apple about the scratches. It's like buying a car and getting scratch and trying to get the dealer to fix it even though you put it there. Should have gotten the case. But just to let you know, even with my hard case for my Nano, I still get some. In the world of iPod, it is impossible to avoid them. But from what you say, your screen is scratch up some, maybe badly, but you can buy 3rd party "gel" to coat of the scratches and fill them in.

3. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

Heres one scratch remover:

http://www.ipodcleaner.com/products_international.html

Ive actually tried this one BUT the problem is that although it does work after buffing away for a while it will not remove every single scratch and leave the iPod like new, which is very unfortunate :( try doing a google search for iPod scratch remover and youll get lots of products you could give a try, I've only tried this one so I wouldnt know about the others...

4. lewie109 thread starter macrumors member

lewie109

5. Naddel81 macrumors newbie

hi,

there is nothing you can do to prevent your iPod from those scratches, but buy a new one :)
    There are ppl in several forums (check ilounge) who claim their iPods are now more scratch resistant than the further 5Gs. Seems as if Apple changed the surface and uses another material which feels different and is more resistant against all-day usage. nevertheless I would always use a case or some kind of foil to protect the pod.

greetings,

nadine

6. Viking Quest macrumors member

I dropped my iPod walking to my car in a parking lot the other day. It landed face first and slid for a few feet. I picked it up and it looked like i had dropped it into the depths of hell. It has these huge black scratches all over it.

7. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

people usually don't sign a message "greetings" - they usually begin a message with "greetings"! not really "haha" funny but interesting, nonetheless. :) i should get back to work...

8. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Hearing that makes me cringe...thats why everyone should buy and invisible shield. They are amazing!

9. lewie109 thread starter macrumors member

lewie109

Where can you get one of these "shields" at?