Ipod Screen problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by JSRockit, Oct 17, 2002.

1. JSRockit macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

i just got a new 10GB iPod. The screen, in the shade, shows rainbow colors...like as if I was pressing on the LCD screen. However, I am not pressing on it. In direct sunlight and under room light...it works perfect...but in the shade I can see the clors under the LCD screen...is this normal? Does anyone have this problem...or does the screen always look normal grey without any LCD colors?

2. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Re: Ipod Screen problem?

If you just got it, take it back to where you purchased it and tell someone or compare it to other iPods. You don't want a defective iPod.

I have never seen rainbow colors on any iPod LCD, including my own.

3. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

Re: Ipod Screen problem?

My (old) 10GB one does the same. So I guess it's not a defect?

4. ear2ear macrumors member

Mine too

I have one of the new 10gigs and I get the same thing. I only really notice it when I'm in the bus with little light.

(I'm more pissed off with the fact that I broke the belt clip exactly one week after actually getting the device.)

5. dnte42 macrumors regular

Mine does it too...it seems to be coming from the plastic exterior, I think. Annoying, but nothing major.

6. JSRockit thread starter macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

It appears to be quite common from the replies on this page as well as other forums. If it were a defect, it would show up in all lighting situations. Apparently it is similar to that oil on water effect.