Ipod Screen Stuck...Pls help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by set2k6, Jul 28, 2006.

1. set2k6 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

Well the story goes I plugged my 5th gen ipod video into my friends computer. He has an ipod nano. I have a PC and so does my friend. Mine was working fine up until i did this. after i unplugged it, it was stuck on the screen of the song i was listening to with the pause in the upper right hand corner. It's just stuck like that. The backlight is not on and and it doesnt respond to anything i do. the hold switch isnt on either. nuthing on the screen is moving or animated at all. When I plug it in to my computer, it says usb be device is not recognized or has malfunctioned.

I've tried all of the 5 Rs except for the power cord bcuz i do not have one but my friend does and I will try that one later.

Does anyone know what it could be? I really hope the power cord (wall jack) reset works...Im really down about it cuz I take great care of my pod and its still new and I dont wanna have to pay apple to get it fixed if it's a problem beyond my control. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!!!:)

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

If resetting it with the wall charger doesn't work, I'd try resetting it with the software updater. Just make sure you have all your music in your itunes library because it will delete everything off your ipod.

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

This might be one of the 5 Rs but I dont know. Try flicking the Hold switch on, and then off. Next, click and hold BOTH the center and menu button at the same time. Then the Apple Logo should appear and it will reset. Your problem might be more serious, but this might help.:)

4. set2k6 thread starter macrumors newbie

tried the software updater, but my computer is not even recognizing my ipod. it says usb device malfunction. nothing is even happening with my ipod. if it cant recognize it, it cant update it.....im not being a smartass btw:)

5. set2k6 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks schaef! this whole time i'de been holding down menu+play/pause. not the center. thanks so much!

6. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Thats what I'm here for.:) Glad your iPod is working.

Kevin