iPod Scroll Wheel Fell Off!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by swahilibill, Aug 5, 2002.

1. swahilibill macrumors 6502

The damn scroll wheel came right off, can you believe that, I cant. Thought some of you guys might get a kick out of this picture, this is acually what my iPod now looks like! any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

How long have you had it and how many times did you have to drop it to get the wheel to come off??? I have had mine for months and the scroll wheel is as solid as the day I picked it up.

I suggest calling Apple about it, especially if it is still under warranty. Either way, you could get them to fix it for you...

3. Goblin2099 macrumors member

Have you tried just snapping it back on??? I've taken the scroll wheel off my iPod at least three times, to clean it or get to the ball bearings to add grease to increase the resistance (check out ipodlounge.com), and it just needs a little pop to go back on. This shouldn't be a big deal at all, assuming nothing's actually broken.

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

this is the reason why the new ipod's don't have ANY moving parts :D

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

The new 5GB iPod STILL has the moving wheel... JUST the 10GB and 20GB models have wheels that do not move... as for not haveing any moving parts, they all still have the switch to prevent you from accidentily switching songs, as well as the buttons on the edge of the wheel/trackpad. :p Still plenty of MOVING parts... :p

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

sorry...i forgot you can't tell sarcasm over the internet....it sounded sarcastic in my head...whoops