iPod Settlement: Anyone get their $50 rebate yet?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by G5Unit, Jul 21, 2005.

1. macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I sent mine in about a month ago. How long does it take to recieve the coupon? Should I have recieved some kind of conformation?

P.S.: Can the coupon be combined with an edu discount to make tiger only 19.95?

2. thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

3. macrumors 6502a

The coupon is for use with the online store only

4. macrumors 604

ravenvii

Whoa, I almost forgot about this, thanks for reminding me!

As for receiving the coupon, from what I hear you all will be getting them sometime later in the year - November-ish. Just in time for Holiday shopping :D

5. Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm pretty sure that Apple won't send out ANY rebates/coupons until the court settlement thingie is decided and it becomes law whether or not Apple has to comply.....

As this other thread mentions, that date hasn't arrived yet.

6. thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Dang it. I need it now. I am aloud to buy tiger when school starts in a month.

7. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

For those not into sifting through the information, the date at which the final settlement is approved (that's not the same thing as "going into law" -- AFAIK, the court basically signs off that the actual settlement package and the claims-gathering process meet the requirements of the settlement itself, which has already been made) is 25 August 05. So no checks until at least September.

I dunno if I will wait and use this to lower the cost of something, or just buy something random with it after the fact.

8. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I'm hoping to get mine by Sept, but won't be surprised if it's November... I THOUGHT it said you could use it for any Apple product, except gift cards and iTunes songs, in any Apple store or the Apple online store. I don't recall any exclusions for other discount programs, like the edu prices, and I hop you can, as I want to get iWork for free!

Maybe I will hang on to the coupon for iWork '06, though... maybe get a spreadsheet in the deal.

9. thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Oh, and this is a bit off topic but, when I got my powermac it came with these ilife 04 coupons and panther coupons. What are they good for. They are green.

10. macrumors 6502a

I think the gold ones get you a free tour of Apple HQ in California. :p

Could be just the proof of purchase coupons, I always save them but have never used them. At least there getting smaller.

11. thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but are there really gold ones?

12. Moderator emeritus

devilot

I think Bibulous is alluding to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. ;) With Apple HQ as the "Factory."

13. thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Holy. I am sooooooooooooooooooo gulible. Well anyways, i have to find those footprints on the ceiling and clean them.

14. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Aww it's okay. hee. I'm sure we all have our moments. :cool:

15. thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Replace moments with life.

16. macrumors 65816

chaos86

17. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Er, if you read up a bit on the thread, mkrishnan nicely points out that the final ruling is to be made on August 25, 2005... a date which has yet to arrive. So I doubt any of us have heard anything relevant yet. :(

18. weg
    macrumors 6502a

weg

Isn't that amazing.. Apple sells iPods with crappy batteries and doesn't offer their costumers compensation before they are forced by law to do so? Of course, other manufacturers do the same, but their products don't cost a premium..

19. macrumors 68000

Lancetx

<sarcasm on> And of course, no other company sells anything expensive with "crappy batteries" in it that die after a few hundred charge cycles right? :rolleyes: So imagine my surprise when my $300+ cell phone's battery died after only 18 months and I had to buy a new one. ;) So apparently it's not only Apple that sells premium products with "crappy batteries" eh? <sarcasm off>

It's the nature of the beast when it comes to rechargeable batteries and it doesn't matter if they're in an iPod, Dell DJ, cell phone or Palm handheld, they do have a finite life span of a few hundred charge cycles, and they will die. And usually sooner rather than later in many cases...

20. Moderator emeritus

devilot

But w/ cell phones (I'm not familiar w/ PDAs) at least you can buy/ "install" your own 3rd party battery w/out issues. Like, a kindergartener could swap out a cell phone's battery, whereas, if I'm not mistaken, Apple claimed that the iPod's battery could not be user-serviceable w/out voiding the warranty.

21. macrumors newbie

iPod Settlement: Anyone get their $50 rebate yet?

Now that the date for the settlement decision has passed, has anyone received their settlement yet?

22. macrumors newbie

i was wondering the samething. i have been searching around online and no one is saying anything it seems. its 2 weeks past the date and no update. hopefully we will hear something soon.

23. macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Doesn't It take "6 to 8 weeks"?

2 weeks isn't that long...

24. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ya, I'm hoping they start mailing them out soon... I'd like to use mine towards a nano! Seems like this would be a good time for Apple to send those out; nothing from Apple costs less than $50 anyways, and with the nano now it seems like it'd be a good time to try to get people into the stores buying stuff!

25. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

still waiting on mine. Wouldn't mind my student union rebate checks, either.