iPod Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iHateWindows, Oct 14, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

Post here the status of the shipping of your new iPod (if you bought one). Include the size, color, date ordered, and location.

I bought the 60 GB White bought on 10/13 and will be shipped to San Diego. The estimated date it will be delivered is 10/20. I'm so excited for this.

2. macrumors newbie

sorry if this is a really stupid question but where did you find the estimated delivery date?

I bought the 30GB iPod (Chose white after much debate) on 10/12 and will be shipped to Daytona Beach, FL.

3. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Ordered the white 60GB with engraving, est. shipping is on or before 10/24 to Tacoma, WA.

4. macrumors P6

MacDawg

Careful, I've heard that this is one of those internet scams where the poster goes around to all of the cities on the delivery date and steals the iPods when they are left on the doorstep!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I ordered mine on 10/14. Estimated ship was 5 - 7 business days. It is supposed to ship on the 24th.
    60GB White iPod

6. macrumors 6502a

30 GB Black iPod with engraving.

Ordered yesterday (10/14)

Est. Ship: On or before 10/24

7. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

To be on the safe side, everyone should post the credit card number they used to purchase also, just so we can understand if there are any bank-by-bank idiosyncracies. :D

8. macrumors P6

MacDawg

Excellent idea, in fact, to make sure it is secure, just email the information to me at imascammer@nigeria.com

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

9. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhhh, so *you're* the deposed finance minister of Nigeria! :D

10. macrumors 68020

killuminati

I ordered a white 30 GB a couple hours after it was released. It is being shipped to Vancouver, and it says it will be shipped on or before October 24.

My friend ordered it a couple hours before me and his says it will ship by the 20th. :( Shouldn't have waited so long.

11. iDM
    macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I ordered a black 30 gig the day it came out, but later cancelled it so that i could get it engraved, i am still waiting for the money to return to my account so that i can reorder it.....i've already lost days of shipping and usage, i'm kinda pissed at myself!!! :eek:

12. macrumors newbie

Ship Date

I ordered my 30-GB, engraved, white ipod, and it shows an estimated ship date of Oct 21...WAH :( , I need it before my trip to NY Friday...i ordered it a few minutes after the Apple Store came back online..

13. macrumors regular

Tracking code.

14. macrumors 65816

jholzner

Did you order it from Apple? I've never had them take the money out of my account until it shipped! I'm suprised that they took your money while your ship time was still over a week away.

15. macrumors member

Well, I'm posting here to show how proud I am for finally taking the time to order; although I am a bit pissed at waiting for the weekend. :(

30GB White iPod
    Garden Grove, California
    On or before 10/26/2005

16. macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Ordered a few hours after the announcement. 60 gig black ipod. Estimated ship date 10/21 however the status went from just saying estimated shipping date to now saying "preparing to ship". Maybe sooner than the estimated day?

17. macrumors 65816

runninmac

If you have a applestore near you and if they get it before you, you could buy it from them and then just return the yours when you get back. Thats what I did with my nano. (you may want to check to make sure its alright)

18. macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

Wait a second here....Apple doesn't charge anything until an item ships. Therefore no money should have been taken out of your account, save perhaps a pre-authorization (which isn't money at all).

You may want to check with Apple and your bank on this.

19. macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

Whoops! You beat me to it...sorry.

20. iDM
    macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    It is 10/16 so 4 days after i ordered and the money has yet to show up in my account. I hear what people are saying about how the money should not leave my account but i promise you that as soon as i received my order i checked my account and the money was not there. I spoke with an Apple rep and they said that upon ordering the money is taken out as a pre-auth withdraw or whatever and that after canceling they send some sort of notification to my bank which tells them that the order was cancelled and that the money should go back in. This is kinda lame and after hearing from you guys that 1) the money should not have left my account until it shipped and 2)it should have returned instantly I'm a little more then frustrated i fear now i'm gonna have to wait an extra whole week before i receive it!! I will call my bank first thing tomorrow and inquire about what the deal is! If i can't spend that money on something else it better be going towards that new iPod meaning i should have an order in already!!!

21. macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I ordered mine on the 10/12 and right now it is in "Preparing Shipment" and shows that it will ship "On or before 10/21/2005"

22. macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Never never never use a checking account credit card for these type of transactions. You end up with exactly these types of problems because of the "pre-auth" transactions. Call your bank and have then clear the money back into your account, there is probably nothing that Apple can do at this point. You may also find that Apple canceled the transaction, but that signal never made it back to your back so the bank is doing what it's good at, holding your money hostage for some unknown period of time.

23. macrumors 6502

Ordered a black 30GB on 10/14, no engraving. Still says processing order and shipping on or before 10/25 to Baltimore, MD. I may check out the local apple store if they come in earlier.

Question: Can you return purchases from apple.com to a brick and mortar apple store?

24. macrumors member

My iPod shipped today!

I ordered it the 12th less then 5 min after the store went back up.

It should be here in 5 days or less. I CANT WAIT!

25. macrumors regular

pammyspyce

I ordered a white 60 GB about 10 minutes after the store came back online and I got an email early this morning saying it had shipped. Yay!