iPod shock resistant

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by CmdrLaForge, Apr 14, 2003.

1. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Hi,

I'm interested in getting an iPod (of course I wait for the next revision)

And I like to use it while running or other sports.

Does anyone has experience with doing so ? Because apples webpages doesn't say anything about it.

I'm would like to know if the iPod can easily get broken or the drive does not work properly.

Thanks for your help and answers

Kind regards
    CmdrLaForge

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

the ipod has 20 minute skip protection. in other words, this thing will never skip, it has never skipped on me. it will work great while running. the ipod has also been proven to be waterproof in some cases, and i mean as in dropping it in water.

iJon

3. CmdrLaForge thread starter macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Hi iJon,

thanks, thats exactly what I wanted to know.

Hope they update it soon, so that I can get one.

Cheers

4. yzedf macrumors 65816

yzedf

it is a hard drive though... so please be carefull. and if it does break, don't tell apple that you were jogging one day and it stopped working, they will use it as a reason to not honor the warranty.

5. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

I use mine all the time running and have never, ever had a problem...

Should work great for you...

Chad4Mac

6. joelc73 macrumors newbie

I actually had a similar concern about the iPod. I'm thinking of replacing the Minidisc player that my band uses. The minidisc is rackmounted and generally performs fine at gigs. The problem is it's a pain lugging an extra rack around.

If the iPod has 20 minute shock protection, it should work just as well (considering most songs are less than 5 minutes - at which point you would stop the unit and start the next song.)

Any thoughts on this kind of an application?

Thanks.

7. bombensington macrumors regular

i think it would work well. i get a ton of use out of my ipod - not just listening to music, but the calendar and contacts. i like how it syncs with my address book/ical...i know cell phones can do that, but mine can't so i just use the ipod when i need a number/address/email address, since i take it everywhere. plus i can use it as a hard drive, so it's easy to just load files on it to take with me if i need to.

actually, before when i was planning to get married, we had planned to do the whole reception from the ipod, since the guy i was supposed to marry is a radio dj and has a ton of friends in the business, they could just be the emcee and he and i would pick all the music. it would've worked out really well. one of the dj's he knows actually does his gigs that way, all from his ipod. he just sits down with the couple and decides what music, makes them a customized playlist, and it's all ready to go.