ipod Shuffle 2nd Gen (2G) Battery never seems full...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by will0407, Nov 28, 2006.

1. will0407 macrumors 6502a

I got my ipod shuffle today (2nd gen silver clip model). It's alot smaller than I thought, so am really happy with it.

However, I plugged it in via the USB dock to charge it and transfer music. I left it on to finish charging. When the light turned green, I took it off, but didn't actually use it. A few hourse later, I plugged it back in to transfer some more music. The light is now orange (and has been last few hours since I plugged it in for the 2nd time), indicating that it doesn't have a full charge yet.

Is this normal? If not, should I try and get a replacement, as I don't want one with a duff battery.

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I think it's normal for it to need a few charge/discharge full cycles before the battery gets broken in.

It also ships with some power, then you charged it a little, etc. Also, after the light turns green while charging, I think that's only 80%, you should still leave it charging.

But do a few cycles and see what happens. Leave it playing all night to drain it if you need to.

3. PackersFan macrumors newbie

We had same problem although it ended up lasting even less than what you are stating. In the end I purchased a brand new battery from http://www.RepairsUniverse.com

Was easy to fit with the guide provided and Shuffle seems to last even longer than new!

4. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

When you say "easy," how easy exactly? Could someone without a mechanical bent do it? ;) I've had my 2G shuffle since they first came out and now it looks like the battery is starting not to hold a charge. So I'm wondering if $15 plus the installation hassle is a better deal than $50 for a new one.