iPod Shuffle 512MB Review

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 17, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. 24C
    macrumors 6502a

This bit made me smile ... "I disagree. I've also tried various flash players, most recently Creative's tiny MuVo N200 (512 MB, $130), which is shorter than the Shuffle, and the iRiver iFP 890 (256 MB, $150). Both have small but effective LED displays that show song titles and lengths and let you navigate to a specific tune." ... can you imagine joining the dots to read these ;)
    Fair comments though, didn't like the idea of no display, but sorta softened his view in the end.

3. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

Or, of course, you could look at the much bigger one printed on the box. :rolleyes:

FWIW, I love mine.

4. macrumors 65816

stcanard

I find it interesting that so many of these reviewers are ignoring the target market --

The biggest knock being the lack of a screen. If anything that's a plus when riding my bike. Now I don't have to worry anout an LCD cracking on me, or going wonky after getting wet.

Can't locate songs. Hmm, if I wanted to locate songs, I'd use my big iPod. And I can't remember the last time I was biking down the road, and pulled out my iPod to scan through a playlist...

They are completely right, this will not replace an iPod Mini. I have a feeling that the design team was also told "make sure this does not replace the iPod Mini", since they don't want to cannabilize their own sales.