iPod Shuffle - Anyone got their order delayed yet, in the UK ? (BONUS RANT included)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CrackedButter, Jan 28, 2005.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I did and now I've cancelled my order.

I'm tempted to just buy an ipod mini from dixons.

<RANT>I ordered this ipod 1 day after the Keynote and I just *knew* it would get delayed along with my iWork software. I had wanted both items to accompany me on my university trip on the 10th of next month (Feb). After confirming with me that it would ship around the 28th (iWork release date remember) I thought this was ok (2 week wait, not bad).

They wait till today to tell me its delayed till the 3rd. Knowing Apple for their wonderful delivery skills I doubt they would get it for me before the intended date. What makes it worse is that I have to give a presentation with Keynote, i'm certainly not going to rush learn keynote a few days prior to my interview.

I'm just going to wait now until you yanks stop buying 24 shuffles each for the greedy buggers you are and instead of keynote, I'll just get MS powerpoint instead (for the presentation). The stress involved in getting an Apple product to the front door on time is not worth the 137 quid I just saved by cancelling that order.</RANT>

2. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

after that rant the french will get preferred ipod shipping over the UK.... :D

3. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i'm with ya on that! as happy as i am that apple is selling tons of shuffles (and mac minis, etc...), it is very hard for me to get ahold of one! i thought about getting a shuffle, but am too impatient to wait (will stick with my 3G ipod for now). i want to get a mini, but i don't really want to wait a month for that, either. i guess that's just the impatient american in me, but I WANT INSTANT GRATIFICATION. once i get my toys, everyone else can go back to their usual buying habits.

4. Logik macrumors 6502a

they were released on a tuesday.. i ordered mine on a thursday or friday.. the 12th.. whatever day that was.. it shipped the 21st and was here on the 26th...

i can't really complain though i wish it didn't take a week to ship the bugger

5. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

USA purchase

I ordered a 1gb on the 14th, showed up on the 27th, one day better then promised, but it came in a plain brown box. Anybody remember when the shipping boxes from the apple online store had the black apple logo on them? That was back before the ipod madness, when people did not relate self worth to ipod ownership.

6. jhomayne macrumors regular

you guys are lucky.

i ordered mine on the day of the keynote and it got delivered at the end of last week....

...and it's still at home because my parents don't want it getting lost in the post! :rolleyes:

i've got to wait til wednesday...