Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 21, 2005
Where have you seen the iPod Shuffle used as a giveaway?

Resident Satisfaction Survey
I got a letter from my apartment complex, stating that residents will be recieving a Resident Satisfaction Survey called REACT. The survey is produced by the consulting firm of CEL & Associates, Inc....
By filling out this survey, you will recieve a set of raffle tickets to win a FREE Apple iPod Shuffle.

Citibank
1) Apply online for a Regular Checking account with the Citibank® EZ Checking account package
2)Fund the account with $1,500
3) Pay 2 bills online each month for the first 12 consecutive calendar months at citibankonline.com. You will receive your iPod® shuffle* within 90 days after you pay your first 2 bills online at citibankonline.com

I guess the iPod Shuffle is the new Toaster when opening an account for banks :p

JeDiBoYTJ

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
neildmitchell said:
Where have you seen the iPod Shuffle used as a giveaway?

Resident Satisfaction Survey
I got a letter from my apartment complex, stating that residents will be recieving a Resident Satisfaction Survey called REACT. The survey is produced by the consulting firm of CEL & Associates, Inc....
By filling out this survey, you will recieve a set of raffle tickets to win a FREE Apple iPod Shuffle.

Citibank
1) Apply online for a Regular Checking account with the Citibank® EZ Checking account package
2)Fund the account with $1,500
3) Pay 2 bills online each month for the first 12 consecutive calendar months at citibankonline.com. You will receive your iPod® shuffle* within 90 days after you pay your first 2 bills online at citibankonline.com

I guess the iPod Shuffle is the new Toaster when opening an account for banks :p

Citibank was also giving away an iPod mini when they first came out...

Brigrat

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2004
JeDiBoYTJ said:
Citibank was also giving away an iPod mini when they first came out...

Ubiquitel...A Sprint PCS affiliate in the Northwest, gives away iPod shuffles with family plans, and two year contracts.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Um, :rolleyes: we do too.

The Shuffle is an attractive prize or premium, it isn't too expensive but it has outrageously good brand recognition and desirability.

With any advertising promotion, the price is just a cost of the promotion. So when we give away a Shuffle for each 500 quote requests, it means a cost to us of CAN$0.38 per lead. Combined with the $0.15 or so we pay Google, that's pretty reasonable value for advertising.

Look out for that first one though, it is a popular trick to make the prize a set of tickets for a chance at another prize -- but the pool of contestants is usually much larger than implied (city or province wide, rather than just your building's residents as you might assume) so the value of that chance is very small.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
in the uk, t-mobile had an offer whereby if you sign up for a contract, they would give you a shuffle.

the promo's ended now i think, but they still sell ipod shuffles in t-mobile stores.

TreeHugger

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
when you sold back your book at my school this year, you could enter to win one of the three iPod shuffles. I didn't win :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.