iPod shuffle buds sounds great!!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by RealDeal, Apr 9, 2005.

1. RealDeal macrumors member

Finally got my shuffle (months..)- a few minutes later 250 odd songs and playing.

Utterly overwhelmed by the great quality of sound thru' regular ear-buds.

Comparator c$100k (grand)fi ex-system UK; $5k current main hi-fi and some blasting $300 headphones (open).

Cool- am buying all my staff a "work computer file" device (i.e. Shuffle512) next week ;).

Enjoy..

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I find that the Apple buds get the job done for casual listening, but I have my Shure E3s when I can sit down and recieve some Hi-Fi sound. Good move on the "work computer file"...;)

3. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Could you give me a "work computer file" device?

4. sarae macrumors 6502

This may be a stupid question, but are the Shuffle's buds the same as the ones that come with the other iPods?

5. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

Yep. Sure are. Standard with every iPod.

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'm not that impressed by the earbuds and I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Apart from their physical design which gives a poor fit (in my ears, at least) I find their mid-range a little forward.

Will be ordering some Shure e3cs from the US within the next few weeks. Would really like the e5cs but they're just a little too pricey for me.

7. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

anybody got Apples inner earphones?

Are they any good?

8. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

When I got my Shuffle I also got some of the inner ear headphones and I think they are great. The only problem is sometimes I forget I am wearing them! The inter-changeable socks are great apart from they easily pick up dirt if you leave them lying around.

9. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I dont wear where but a read a very detailed study on the sound output of iPods. The iPod shuffle won hands down with 'perfect symetrical sin wave' or something like that. The iPod mini was the worst offender where the sin wave would drop off too fast.. as if sound was in pulses. Apparently its something to do with the capacitors on the iPods - the mini only has one (the old mini now, i dunno about the new one) and the shuffle has two.

I'll try and find the link.

10. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

I can highly recommend the Shure E3cs. They have an impressive level of detail, and a comfortable fit. I use the silicone rubber sleeves. Some reviewers have suggested these phones lack bass response; but I have found that the bass, while not booming, is clear and defined. They are a very good partner for the Shuffle, which is getting lots of praise for its sound, particularly bass.

I did try the Apple in-ears, but I could not achieve a good seal for any length of time with any of the supplied sleeves.

11. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

I've got the Apple inner earphones. Generally I like them. The trick with them is, they have to be inserted all the way into your ear canal in order to make a "perfect" seal. Do that and they sound amazing. But as soon as they start to slide out and the seal is broken, the sounds gets very weak. They ship with three pairs of different-sized "cups" but Apple says most people should use the middle one. The only other annoyance is, for me they make the best seal when they are inserted "upside-down". But then the rigid white plastic arms stick straight out of your ears, which looks goofy. Apple should redesign them and make it a flexible wire all the way to the end. Then they'd be almost perfect.

12. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i had terrible experiences with the apple in ear's.....mine broke and so did my friends...it wasnt noticible that they were broken or what not...one day i just plugged them into my pod and everything was distorted and sounded like poop....i was so mad i just threw them out.....my friend got them replaced by warranty....same thing happened to him....i was dissapointed by apple for making such a poor headphone set.....guess im gonna go buy some sony in ears or something now :(

13. TrenchMouth macrumors 6502

want to get better sound from the in-ear Apple Headphones?

Buy these: PA752M

Nice fit, they don't fall out anymore, and the sound is therefore much improved. A cheap fix if you ask me.