iPod Shuffle - can it resume from last position?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by blodwyn, Jan 24, 2005.

1. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I mainly listen to audio books, so the ability to pick up from the last play position saves a lot of hassle. On my iPod, if I pause and let it go to sleep it will continue from where it left off next time I switch it on.

So the question is to all you lucky Shuffle owners - does the iPod Shuffle do the same?

Thanks

2. blodwyn thread starter macrumors 65816

3. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Yes - at least it does with music. It' ll start off in the same place as it was left. Don't know about audiobooks though - I never use them.

4. blodwyn thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. The audio books I listen to are straight MP3 files, but maybe up to an hour long for each file. So the ability to resume from the last position is pretty important when you have no display to help you fast forward through a file.

5. atomiton macrumors regular

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yes, holding down the Fwd button fast-forwards, rather than skipping to the next track if you just clicked it.

And to confirm, yes, the iPod shuffle will resume where it was last playing, even if you shut it off. You don't even need to pause the track first. I just checked it.

7. blodwyn thread starter macrumors 65816