iPod shuffle must be selling really well!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jholzner, Jan 13, 2005.

1. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Apple said they would ship on the 22nd. Shortly after they were annoucned the shipping date was 1 week for the 512 and 1-2 for 1gig. If you look now it's 2-3 for the 512 and 3-4 for the 1 gig! They must of got a s*** load of orders!

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

or its standard apple technique of delaying shipments and other things of that nature, but we'll never know unless a wave of people get their items.

3. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

My local apple store is having an invitation only iPod Shuffle release. I got an invitation in the mail. They get them in Monday and everyone with an invitation get can get on Monday for $99. So when 10am on Monday rolls around, that's where I'll be. :)

4. 3Memos macrumors 6502

Steve said the Shuffle would be ready "today" so I went to my local electronics retailer and the store clerk said they won't get it for a few weeks. :eek: I'm suffering here. lol.

5. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

haha, that is pretty cool! I wonder how many other Apple stores are doing the same thing?

6. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

They'll be shipping from the factory TODAY, not available. Two VERY different things.

7. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

I think we can safely say that Apple has another hit on its hands

iPod shuffle: 20,000 sold in first 4 hours (updated)

Vendors on the show floor at San Francisco Macworld Expo reported today that Apple's retail store in San Francisco sold 20,000 iPod shuffle units in its first four hours of availability this week, depleting its entire inventory. As iPodlounge notes in its upcoming review of the iPod shuffle, while some individuals purchased four, six, and nine of the 512MB, $99 units, the day's record was apparently set by someone who purchased 24 at once. iPod shuffles are currently shipping to Apple retail stores.

Link : www.ipodlounge.com/ipodnews_comments.php?id=6112_0_7_0_C

8. svejar macrumors member

20K in four hours? From one store? That's more than 1 every bleeping second :eek:

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Tho bear in mind, it seems that most of the MacWorld attendees ran to the store and bought several each... probably not the best judge of demand in other stores! :D

10. Norouzi macrumors 6502

Yeah, and if you check ebay you'll find most of them. :rolleyes:

11. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

That doesn't matter much to me. As long as Apple gets the revenue, the purchaser can do with them whatever they please!

12. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

that makes me mad that ebay sellers prey on people like that. I mean all they see is making a buck, and to hell with people that really want the shuffle.

Any one see ebay jacked up thier fees almost double. F*&^%&#*G Robbers

13. Mac Boy-Canada macrumors newbie

Umm...if you go back to that article, it is revised as saying that not 20000, but 2000 iPod shuffle's were sold during that 4 hour period. Nonetheless, still impressive! I am still contemplating on upgrading my RCA Lyra 64MB MP3 player (expandable) with poor battery life to the iPod shuffle.

14. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

yeah i want the shuffle to passify me until the ultimate ipod comes out somehting like a pmp i have had 3 ipods, and always upgrade, but im holding out now

15. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

They were avalible at the Mac store in SF. had one in my hand but didnt buy it.

It was absolute hell in there. People were buying them in packs of 10 :eek: ( do i hear eBay calling?)

They had people standing at the door handing them out as people walked in. There must of been over a 200 being handed out while i was there (was in the store for ten mintues as my dads friend forked over $100 for his). And this was at 2PM :eek: They'd been selling them for 3 hours!!

I also noticed how fast bilboards around the city changed. When i walked out of macworld at around 12 all the iPod posters had changed to iPod shuffle.

I think apple may have a huge hit on their hands....

16. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Crazy. Apple seems to have the Midas Touch. ;) :)

17. 3Memos macrumors 6502

Steve Job's RDF is the golden goose. Knowing your market also helps. :p

18. maya macrumors 68040

maya

That would explain SONY's CEO reaction on stage during the keynote. ;) :)

19. 3Memos macrumors 6502

He was putty in Steve's hand. If Ando patted Steve on the shoulder again, I would have thought them bed-mates.

20. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

my shuffle is at my local fedex center, figure i'll get it tomorrow ordered it tuesady morning

21. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

no kidding that netwalkman is a peice of over priced garbage. Could have been cool, but,,,,,,it's not ;)

22. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

I went to my local Apple Store (Towson, MD) and held a Shuffle (512MB). It was pretty much what I expected from seeing the pics, but even lighter than I thought. Switch on the back lets you choose repeat, shuffle, or off. led on the front is invisible except when glowing. The salesperson said they got a bunch in yesterday and they all immediately sold out. I asked if they had been 512MB or 1GB versions, and he said "I don't know, and nobody seemed to care - they just bought them." A player without a display just isn't for me, but I definitely know people for whom it is perfect. I think they'll continue to sell extremely well.

23. 3Memos macrumors 6502

If you owned a previous iPod, then this one makes sense for people who need it for what it does. But I can understand your apprehension in getting this type of screenless iPod if it's your first one.

24. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

My friend is upgrading his 3G to one of these... (512MB version)

ETA: Tuesday!

25. Logik macrumors 6502a

i have a 3G 20gig... it's great but sometimes i just want something small to take with me and the shuffle will be great... just waiting for my 512mb one to ship... apple's website says "on or before 1/21/05"