Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Got a new iPod Shuffle (1GB model). Did all the iTunes upgrades, etc. Mac mini does not see the iPod Shuffle. Tried going into Disk Utility, nothing. Went under iPod Updater, nothing. Open up iTunes, nothing. Any ideas? This is the first major problem I've had with an Apple product :(

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Phat_Pat said:
did you install off the disc? perhaps the disc has something the DL doesn't have

Yea he installed the updated iTunes from the CD that came with the Shuffle.

pmov

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2005
Fiji
iPod Shuffle not recognised by iTunes

I have similar problem. iPod Shuffle worked fine on my iMac G5 until yesterday.

Installed Tiger recently but I mention this only in passing. I do not think the Tiger install is the problem as I have done one successful iTunes synch on the Shuffle since the upgrade.

I have a separate 20GB iPod and I did do a successful iTunes synch on this. Since then iTunes has refused to recognise the Shuffle (so this may be the route cause).

Various sites suggest reformating iPod Shuffle but this is impossible as my iMac will not regonise the Shuffle AT ALL (so updater won't work and you can't reformat drive).

Now totally stuck and can't find any solutions. Any help very gratefully received...!

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
My shuffle (which I bought on Friday) didn't work when I plugged it in, I had to install the software from the CD (iPod Updater 3-22-2005 or something like that). That was on Tiger, with iTunes already updated to 4.7.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.