Ipod Shuffle One Earphone Problems

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Drifter12, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Drifter12 macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2006
    Hi everyone,

I really like my ipod shuffle, 512Mb. But I have this problem that the audio only comes out of one earphone when I have it headphones plugged in. The Right one to be specific. It doesn't matter what headphones I use or what songs I am playing, from what I can tell.

Is this a common problem or are there any suggestions on how to fix it?
    I haven't been able to find anyone else with this specific problem.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Unfortunately, it sounds like the jack (socket) has become damaged and one of the pins that makes contact with the headphone plug is not working.

To take the Shuffle apart to fix/replace the jack is probably difficult although there are reports of people taking Shuffles apart but I'm unsure as to whether they got them back together again.

If it's not the jack, then it's something in the circuitry which will be near-impossible to repair.

You may have to bite the bullet and get a new one if you can afford it.
  3. TOMMYYYYYYYYYYY macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2006

i got the same problem... music is only coming out of my right earphone which really gets me upset, no matter what earphone im using. If anyone knows how to fix it pleas e-mail me at ross_rickey@hotmail.com thank you!
  4. RooBen macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2003
    San Diego
    Same thing happened to my 60-gigger...

(except it was the left ear) and I took it down to my local Apple Store (Fashion Valley). Within five minutes I was out the door with a brand new one :D. Mine was still under warranty so your mileage may vary. Good luck!
  5. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

May 31, 2004
    Cape Breton Island
    Is your iPod still under warranty? If it is you can get your Shuffle replaced.