iPod shuffle playlist for regular iPods?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by WannabeSQ, Mar 1, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

I went with an iPod Mini over a shuffle, I just couldn't pass up the price/capacity ratio. I do however miss the autoload option, and would like to make some sort of playlist to emulate a shuffle. I know I can use smart playlists to create a random list of songs, but how do I get it to change every time I sync the iPod?

Any other ideas on this? Or should I just buy a shuffle as well? Then i'd have my own iPod family, I also have a 40GB 4G model, which soon will be warrantied to be a 60GB iPod Photo...

2. macrumors regular

john1123

I remeber having heard of a hack that does this, however i can't remember where :eek:

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

There's gotta be some way to make a custom smart playlist that changes every time the iPod docks, then syncs with all new songs. Any ideas?

4. macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

I am new to the ipod world so you may be able to help me out. What I want is to be able to make my playlists shuffle. Right now they just play inline.

5. macrumors 6502a

I went with the mini over the shuffle too, but doesn't it come with a shuffle feature?

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

In the settings menu there is an option to shuffle the songs, and also on the main menu of the iPod there is a "shuffle songs" selection

I was referring to a playlist that works like the shuffle does, randomly loading songs upon each syncronization. My 40gig holds my whole collection, but I would like a playlist that has a few hundred songs that keep randomizing. I set up a playlist that picks random songs, but I don't know how to trigger it to re pick the songs every time I plug in the iPod.

7. macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Thanks, I do not know how I missed that the first time around...